- Primary Curriculum
- Secondary Curriculum
- Combined Science
- Computer Science
- English Language
- English Literature
- Health & Social Care
- Information & Communications Technology
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Physical Education
- Personal, Social, Health & Economic Education
- Religious Studies
- Coaching and Research
- Assessment and Tracking
- Teaching of Reading and Phonics
What does this subject involve?
- Develop your creativity and imagination through visual, tactile and sensory experience
- Develop practical, technical and critical skills and use visual language to communicate ideas, feelings and meanings
- Explore ideas and meanings in the work of modern masters and contemporary photographers
- You will learn about the roles and functions of photography in different scenarios
- Recording the world around you and people you meet
Along the way you will:
- Learn how to use a camera and all its functions
- Have fun
- Become a resilient and reflective photographer
- Create original outcomes
- Experiment with a range of techniques, including: - Photoshop, use of handmade filters, different shutter speeds, exposure techniques, hand-manipulation, image composition
- Develop your own style, identifying personal strengths
Why should I choose this subject?
- It is a practical subject
- You can travel and meet interesting people
- It is a skill that you can use in your personal life as well as within your career
What skills will I need to succeed in this subject?
- Open-minded to try new things
Where could this subject take me in the future?
Post 16, A-Level or BTEC courses leading on to Art Foundation, Apprenticeships and Degrees.
Jobs within the field such as: -Photojournalist, Advertising and Commercial Photography, Fashion Photography, Portrait Photography, Sports Photography, Travel Photography.
Who can I talk to for more information?