- Primary Curriculum
- Secondary Curriculum
- Combined Science
- Computer Science
- English Language
- English Literature
- Health & Social Care
- Information & Communications Technology
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Physical Education
- Personal, Social, Health & Economic Education
- Religious Studies
- Coaching and Research
- Assessment and Tracking
- Teaching of Reading and Phonics
What does this subject involve?
GCSE Biology aims to give students opportunity to:
- develop their interest in, and enthusiasm for, biology
- develop a critical approach to scientific evidence and methods
- acquire scientific skills, knowledge and understanding necessary for progression to further learning
Why should I choose this subject?
Choose this subject if you enjoy:
- learning about the human body
- learning about the environment
- learning about plants and animals
What skills will I need to succeed in this subject?
Active involvement in the learning process, enthusiasm, independent approach, hardworking, works well with others, strong maths skills, analytical and above all an interest in the subject.
Where could this subject take me in the future?
The progression pathway is as follows: KS3 Curriculum → KS4 Biology → A level Biology → Further Education, Higher education & Employment The course options available for those interested in pursuing studies in Biology are extremely wide ranging. You can do a degree in Biomedical Science, Genetics, Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy, Optometrist, Marine Biology etc.
Who can I talk to for more information?
Science teachers and students who have chosen this particular subject (Triple Science students).