The Halifax Academy is committed to safeguarding staff and students and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosing and Barring Service DBS check. All interviews will include a question about Safeguarding and any anomalies identified in pre-recruitment checks will be discussed at interview.
The application form for all vacancies, as well as a self-disclosure form can be found below the list of current vacancies. Please return all complicated applications to: email@example.com
Teaching Assistant - Personal Care (Secondary Phas -
Fixed term contract until 31/08/2020
Scale 3, 26.5 Hours per week
Actual Salary £10,715 - £11,315 per annum
Required as soon as possible we would like to appoint a caring and committed teaching assistant to work with our Inclusion team, supporting vulnerable students and in particular, a female student who has learning and personal care needs.
Our Academy is special; it grips you from the very first moment that you step foot inside. It’s a unique organisation where hearts and minds connect. Our staff and trustees are unwaveringly ambitious for students, our families, our community and our staff. Our purpose is very clear; we are on a mission to improve social mobility for the disadvantaged and the life chances of children and young people.
The Halifax Academy is a high performing 4-16 all-through Academy in Calderdale, West Yorkshire. It was inspected by Ofsted in September 2017 being judged as Good in all areas. Outcomes are outstanding at KS4 and places the Academy in the top 15% of all schools nationally. Early Years Provision is good.
The Academy is the lead school in Impact Education MAT and is led by Matt Perry secondary Headteacher. Impact was established in November 2016 by Trustees who are morally driven to ensure that education has the greatest possible impact.
In September 2014, Halifax High added a Primary Phase to an existing successful Secondary Phase to create The Halifax Academy. The Primary Phase has two forms on entry and our oldest students are in Year 4. The Phase will continue to grow to a capacity of 420 students by September 2020. Year 6 students will transition seamlessly into Year 7.
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Work as part of a team but use their own initiative
• Motivate and inspire our students
• Use creativity and passion in their work
• Form effective relationships with parents, carers and outside agencies
• Be a positive role model for our students
The successful candidate will be involved in:
• improving learning and teaching
• providing personal care
• raising achievement
• tracking students individual performance and implementing intervention strategies
• supporting students with medical needs
In return we can offer:
• working as part of a creative and supportive team, who are determined and driven on our mission to achieve the very best for our students.
• the opportunity to gain cross phase experience.
• access to a teaching school alliance which enables us to work collaboratively and share best practice with other providers and creates professional development opportunities.
• enthusiastic students who are keen to make outstanding progress
• effective supportive and dynamic leadership
|Teaching Assistant Job Description|
|Teaching Assistant Person Specification|
The Halifax Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for all posts.
To apply for the role please complete the academy’s application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Tuesday 30th April at 9am. Late applications and CV’s will not be accepted.
Applications close: Tuesday 30th April 2019