Outstanding Leaders Partnership
National Professional Qualifications
The Halifax Academy works with the The Outstanding Leaders Partnership (OLP) to deliver a range of high quality accredited school leadership qualifications. We are committed to the ongoing development of staff and these qualifications help to nurture qualities and skills that have a positive impact on school and pupil outcomes.
OLP is a national school-led collaboration of over 60 Teaching Schools and Multi-Academy Trusts. OLP is approved by the Department for Education to provide National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) designed to deliver high quality, impact-led development training for school leaders. OLP is supported by Best Practice Network, a national training organisation.
OLP is committed to:
- Providing all schools with access to outstanding leadership development training.
- Delivering national qualifications designed by school leaders for school leaders.
- Meeting the needs of the school-led system through the provision of local, regional and national delivery strategies.
- Measuring the impact of our work on learners, leaders and schools to drive continuous improvement.
The NPQs are for serving or aspiring Middle Leaders, Senior Leaders, Headteachers and Executive Heads; each qualification is tailored to the needs of the leadership roles. The qualifications require candidates to drive sustainable school-based improvement. The provision positively impacts the skills and confidence of candidates and the success of their schools.
- NPQML is for individuals who are, or are aspiring to become, a middle leader with responsibility for leading a team e.g. a key stage leader, a subject leader, or a head of department.
- NPQSL is for individuals who are, or are aspiring to become, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities e.g. an experienced middle leader, a deputy Headteacher, or other senior staff.
- NPQH is for individuals who are, or are aspiring to become, a Headteacher or head of school with the intention of applying for a headship within 18 months of commencing the qualification.
- NPQEL is for individuals aspiring to, or already in, leadership roles across more than one school. This includes headteachers, executive headteachers, chief operating officers and directors of school improvement.
Visit our partner page on the OLP website to find out more about the courses we offer: The Halifax Academy OLP Partner Information
For further information, contact OLP by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 0117 920 9200.