What does this subject involve?
GCSE Physics aims to give students opportunity to:
- develop their interest in , and enthusiasm for, physics
- develop a critical approach to scientific evidence and methods
- acquire scientific skills, knowledge and understanding necessary for progression to further learning.
Why should I choose this subject?
Choose this subject if you enjoy:
- learning about energy and electricity
- learning about forces and turning effects
- learning about light and waves
What skills will I need to succeed in this subject?
Active involvement in the learning process, enthusiasm, independent approach, hardworking, works well with others, strong maths skills, analytical and above all an interest in the subject.
Where could this subject take me in the future?
The progression pathway is as follows: KS3 Curriculum → KS4 Physics → A level Physics → Further Education, Higher education & employment. There are a number of Physics based careers- medical physicist, research scientist, Scientific laboratory technician and also in the armed forces and defence industry. Physics graduates also find employment in academic institutions, and government research organisations as well as industries such as aerospace, engineering, manufacturing, oil and gas, space exploration and telecommunications.
Who can I talk to for more information?
Science Teachers and KS4 students.