What does this subject involve?
GCSE Chemistry aims to give students opportunity to:
- develop their interest in , and enthusiasm for, chemistry
- develop a critical approach to scientific evidence and methods
- acquire scientific skills, knowledge and understanding necessary for progression to further learning.
Why should I choose this subject?
Choose this subject if you enjoy:
- learning about the structure of the atom
- learning about the rate of chemical reactions
- learning about alpha, beta and gamma radiation
What skills will I need to succeed in this subject?
Active involvement in the learning process, enthusiasm, independent approach, hardworking, works well with others, strong maths skills, analytical and above all an interest in the subject.
Where could this subject take me in the future?
The progression pathway is as follows: KS3 Curriculum → KS4 Chemistry → A level Chemistry → Further Education, Higher education & Employment The course options available for those interested in pursuing studies in Chemistry are extremely wide ranging. You can become a Chemist, Pharmacist, Nutritionist, Dietician, Chemical engineer, Medical Technician, Criminologist, Laboratory Assistant, Science Technician, Chemical Operator, Laboratory Analyst etc.
Who can I talk to for more information?
Science teachers and KS4 students.