The Halifax Academy is committed to safeguarding staff and students and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosing and Barring Service DBS check. All interviews will include a question about Safeguarding and any anomalies identified in pre-recruitment checks will be discussed at interview.
The application form for all vacancies, as well as a self-disclosure form can be found below the list of current vacancies.
Primary Class Teachers - KS1 & KS2 -
Required from September 2018, we require the following Primary Class Teachers:
• Year 1
• Year 2
• Year 4
Our Academy is special; it grips you from the very first moment that you step foot inside. It’s a unique organisation where hearts and minds connect. Our staff and trustees are unwaveringly ambitious for students, our families, our community and our staff. Our purpose is very clear; we are on a mission to improve social mobility for the disadvantaged and the life chances of children and young people.
The Halifax Academy is a high performing 4-16 all-through Academy in Calderdale, West Yorkshire. It was inspected by Ofsted in September 2017 being judged as Good in all areas. Outcomes are outstanding at KS4 and places the Academy in the top 15% of all schools nationally. Early Years Provision is good.
The Academy is the lead school in Impact Education MAT and is led by Mick Kay its Executive Headteacher, who is also CEO of Trust. Impact was established in November 2016 by Trustees who are morally driven to ensure that education has the greatest possible impact.
In September 2014, Halifax High added a Primary Phase to an existing successful Secondary Phase to create The Halifax Academy. The Primary Phase has two forms on entry and our oldest students are in Year 3. The Phase will continue to grow to a capacity of 420 students by September 2020. Year 6 students will transition seamlessly into Year 7.
We are looking for:
• Experienced teachers that are proven classroom practitioners
• Teachers who embrace the vision and values of the Trust.
• Teachers who have energy and can inspire confidence in students, staff and parents.
• Teachers that have the highest expectations and are uncompromising in their ambition for students and the community we serve.
• Teachers who take responsibility for improving their own practice.
• Teachers ready for the challenge and excitement of working in an all-through Academy and in time, contribute to the development of the Multi Academy Trust.
What we offer:
• Highly ambitious and supportive staff, parents and trustees.
• Well behaved students who want to do well.
• State of the art buildings with excellent facilities across the site.
• First class professional training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring.
• Well-established business support and administrative functions ensuring you can focus on the core purpose of raising achievement through developing high quality teaching, learning and leadership.
• Cross phase working to enhance the subject knowledge development and pedagogical practice.
• System Leadership opportunities through MAT development and as a strategic partner in Teamwork’s Teaching School Alliance.
• A culture of coaching, research and evidence-based enquiry, including through teamwork’s Research School Status.
• A highly reflective organisation which takes professional learning very seriously. We are Investors in People Gold Award winners for the last five years.
For further information please click on the links:
|Primary Class Teacher Job Description|
|Primary Class Teacher Person Specification|
The Halifax Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for all relevant posts.
Visits to the academy are welcomed. To arrange a visit please contact our HR Officer Sarah Ogilvie on 01422 301080.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 22nd March at 9am. Interviews will commence the w/c 26th March. Please apply using the academy’s application form. Late applications and CV’s will not be accepted.
Applications close: Thursday 22nd March 2018