The Halifax Academy is committed to safeguarding staff and students and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosing and Barring Service DBS check. All interviews will include a question about Safeguarding and any anomalies identified in pre-recruitment checks will be discussed at interview.
The application form for all vacancies, as well as a self-disclosure form can be found below the list of current vacancies.
32 Hours per week
Actual Salary £13,092 - £14591 per annum
Required from September 2017, we would like to appoint a creative and enthusiastic Librarian with a passion for the written word. The librarian will be responsible for maintaining and creating a stimulating environment which fosters a love of reading.
You will have the ability to build positive working relationships with students as you will be required to teach library lessons using Accelerated Reading software and support the development of the Primary Phase library.
Being the founding member of the Impact Multi Academy Trust and the only 4-16 all-through school in Calderdale, we can offer excellent development opportunities for all of our staff. We currently have 1047 students learning within the academy, and this will grow to 1420 by 2020 when our primary phase is full.
We are a values driven organisation committed to living out our values of Heart, Mind and Communication and driven by our passion for all-through education and improving social mobility.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
• improving literacy levels cross phase
• working as part of a team but using their own initiative
• Using innovative approaches to organise events/visits to bring literature to life
In return we can offer:
• working as part of a creative and supportive team, who are determined and driven on our mission to achieve the very best for our pupils.
• the opportunity to gain cross phase experience.
• enthusiastic students who are keen to make outstanding progress
• effective supportive and dynamic leadership which welcomes and encourages innovation and creativity
Please click on the links below for further information:
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to The Halifax Academy no later than Monday 26th June by 9am. No late applications or CV's will be accepted.